The emergence and evolution of social media and streaming platforms in recent years has presented both a challenge and opportunity for modern marketers on how to successfully leverage influencers and key opinion leaders to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
Affiliate and partner marketers are familiar with the influencer model — compensate a ‘partner’ in return for promoting your brand and offers. However, with thousands of influencers across so many different channels, engaging all different types of niches and audiences, there are some considerations for brands to want to maximize their influencer campaigns within different platforms.
Read on to discover some best practices and considerations for brands wanting to work across some of the most popular platforms.
- 1b+ monthly active users
- 510M Female users vs 490M Male
- 14% increase in time spent on the app between 2019 – 2020
Instagram Influencer Best Practices & Considerations
- Trust your influencer partner to create the content (they are the creator after all!) but be prepared to support them with creative assets if needed.
- Diversify the influencers you work with. Use a mix of Nano, Micro, Macro, and Mega influencers in order to meet your goals and tap into different audiences.
- Consider inviting your influencer partners to offline activities like events, product launches for extra exposure.
- Influencers with 10,000+ followers can place external links on Instagram stories. By issuing your influencer partner unique affiliate links present an opportunity to work with them on a CPA model.
- 2.8b monthly users globally.
- 61.3% of users are under 35.
- 56.8% male users and 43.2% female users.
Facebook Influencer Best Practices & Considerations
- Discover influencers that align with your brand through Facebook’s Brand Collabs Manager. Influencers can be found and filtered in the search bar.
- Video content is extremely popular on this platform. An influencer partner can promote your product or service inside one of their Facebook Live broadcasts, via a brief name-drop or sharing a voucher code.
- 689 million monthly active users
- 62% of TikTok users are between ages 10-29
- Users spend an average of 858 minutes on the app each month.
Best Practices & Considerations
- Define your goals and the types of influencers you want to work with.
- Source influencer partners via the TikTok Creator Marketplace.
- If driving sales is your goal, consider working with less prominent niche influencers rather than mega-TikTok stars.
- Check the audience and engagement rates of your potential influencer partner before deciding on who to work with.
- 82% Male users vs 55% Female users.
- 30 Million avg. daily visitors.
- 71% of Twitch’s users are millennials and 21 years is the average age.
Twitch Influencer Best Practices & Considerations
- Keep in mind this is live content, as opposed to static video or images so some of the best ways to work with Twitch influencers for maximum exposure is through shout outs, product unboxings and giveaways.
- Users are extremely engaged with this platform so consider creative ways influencers can promote your brand in an authentic and non-intrusive way.
- Be relevant and resonate. Remember, not every brand or product will resonate with the Twitch audience. Before sourcing influencers, really consider what product or offer you are proposing them to promote.
Partnerize’s prospecting tool allows brands to easily discover and recruit thousands of influencers across various social channels — regardless of whether they are partners in our platform. To discover how you can get the most out of influencers and all your partnerships reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Definitive Guide to Influencer Marketing
- [eBook] Why Micro & Nano Influencers Deserve More of Your Time
- 5 Growth Drivers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- New Byline: How To Make Retail Influencers More Accountable
- 7 Tips To Make Influencer Partnerships Successful
- Unlocking Influencer Growth Through Your Partner Marketing Program
- How to Protect Influencer Marketing Programs from Affiliate Fraud
- 4 Fashion Affiliate Marketing Strategies that Will Drive Sales in 2022